Welcome to AVOCADO!
2. Information from merchants
What information do we collect from merchants and why?
· We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card details.
o We need this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, and invoice you.
· We collect data about the AVOCADO-hosted webpages that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
o We need this information to give you access to and improve our Services.
· Upon completing the sign-up process for the Services, and depending on your location, we may collect your business address, business type, business ID number, date of birth (if you are an individual business owner), bank account information and government-issued identification information, such as your Social Security Number.
o We may need this information to establish the ownership of the business and to process any payments.
· We collect Personal Information about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide while shopping or during checkout.
o We use this information to provide you with our Services and so that you can process orders and better serve your customers.
· We will also use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When do we collect this information?
· We collect Personal Information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
3. Information from our merchants’ customers
What information do we collect and why?
· We collect our merchants’ customers’ name, email, billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address and device data.
o We need this information to provide merchants with our Services, including supporting and processing orders, authentication, and processing payments. We also use this information to improve our Services.
When do we collect this information?
· Information is collected when a merchant’s customer uses or accesses our Services, such as when a customer visits a merchant’s site, places an order or signs up for an account on a merchant’s site.
4. Information from Partners
Partners are individuals or businesses that have agreed to the terms of the AVOCADO Partner Program to work with AVOCADO to promote the Services by (a) referring clients to AVOCADO; (b) developing AVOCADO store themes for merchant use; or (c) developing apps using the AVOCADO Application Interface (API) for merchant use.
What information do we collect from Partners and why?
· We collect your name, company name, website, twitter or other social media handles, phone number(s), address, business type, email address, PayPal Account, and GST/HST number.
o We use this information to work with you, confirm your identity, contact you, and pay you.
· We collect data about the AVOCADO-hosted webpages that you visit and how and when you access your account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
o We use this information to give you access to and improve our Services.
· We collect Personal Information about your customers that you share with us or that they provide to us directly.
o We use this information to work with you and to provide our Services to your customers.
· We will also use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us express permission.
When do we collect this information?
· We collect this information when you sign up for a Partner Account, when you sign up one of your customers for our Services, or when your customers sign up themselves. We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
5. Information from cookies and similar tracking technology
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
· Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
· We may also use web beacons, tracking technology and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
· Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
6. When and why do we share Personal Information with third parties?
· AVOCADO works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
o Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
o Personal Information may be shared with third party vendors to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
o Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
· AVOCADO will always ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 6.
Learn more about third parties
7. What do we do with your Personal Information when you terminate your relationship with us?
· We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
· We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
8. What we don’t do with your Personal Information
· We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies (other than to specific AVOCADO merchants you may be interacting with) for the marketing of their own products or services.
· If you are a merchant using AVOCADO’s Services, we do not use the Personal Information we collect from you or your customers to independently contact or market to your customers. However, AVOCADO may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
9. How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
· We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
· No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
10. Control and access to your Personal Information
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, AVOCADO takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. You can update many types of Personal Information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your Personal Information within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how AVOCADO processes your personal data, please contact AVOCADO by email at privacy@AVOCADO.com, or by using the contact details below:
Photon Technologies Inc.
Attn: Legal at AVOCADO
2040 Martin Ave,
Santa Clara, 95050
Last updated: Mar 29, 2018
© 2018 AVOCADO Inc.